About our project...

For the last few weeks of Term 4 and the first 5 weeks in Term 5, we will be working on a collaborative project with a group of adults and the staff at Beulah Resource Base. Each Wednesday for the first 4 weeks of June we will be producing work in workshops at BRB and The BRIT School , then we will spend the remainder of the week in school working on the material created and gathered to produce work for the final event. There will be a Celebration day in week 5 (Wednesday 6thJuly) at BRB where we will share our outcomes.

A SENSE OF ME: Aim of project: To create sensory installations at BRB exploring memories and/or ambitions of the adults. Between workshops students will be developing the animations and other material towards the sensory installations.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Celebration Day!!

Today we had a very early start to begin loading up our props and travelling to Beulah.Once we got there we cracked on and started builing our installations , i started of my decorating and laying out my table , VJ and Marie helped me so much they put out the bowls and cups and were eally excited to see the outcome.I also worked together with Zoe and the Beulah staff who helped me move the tables and lay out the cloth.The adults looked extremely excited when i un packed all my food and drink , I had some trouble with where and in what way to hand my wallpaper , in the end we decided on 2 rolls on two sides of the table , appose to the original plan of 1 roll on all four sides.Zoe and Laura helped loads on attaching the wallpaper to the floor and ceiling.I then put up the amazing bunting me and VJ created and he was so happy! After ths i put up my photo frame and projected my animation inside.In the end i had help from so many of the adults and girls form the other class to blow up lots of balloons and it was in place.

When the students from the other art classes came in they looked really excited and seemed very intrigued on the work we and the adults had produced , they played with my prty poppers had nibbiles and walked around in interest.

Packing away i decided to let VJ keep some of the items made.Pverall the experience turned out so well and i am extremely proud of the sdults and staff at Beulah , my students and teachers and myself for bring this amazing oppurtunity nd show together.

No comments:

Post a Comment