About our project...

For the last few weeks of Term 4 and the first 5 weeks in Term 5, we will be working on a collaborative project with a group of adults and the staff at Beulah Resource Base. Each Wednesday for the first 4 weeks of June we will be producing work in workshops at BRB and The BRIT School , then we will spend the remainder of the week in school working on the material created and gathered to produce work for the final event. There will be a Celebration day in week 5 (Wednesday 6thJuly) at BRB where we will share our outcomes.

A SENSE OF ME: Aim of project: To create sensory installations at BRB exploring memories and/or ambitions of the adults. Between workshops students will be developing the animations and other material towards the sensory installations.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Celebration Day!


This week has been really busy as we've been working hard to finish our props. However all of our hard work was worth it as today was our final celebration day! We got to school for 8am to load the cars and begin setting up our installations. I had problems with hanging my windows which meant I had to use velcro instead, it was such a relief when the windows finally stayed up and I was able to continue putting up the rest of my props. 

Dawn couldn’t believe her eyes once she saw it was all finished and her aeroplane memory had come to life. She was excitedly showing everyone and making sure that they sat down, ate a sweet, wore a lifejacket and held the fan to get the full aeroplane experience. I got a lot of positive feedback  about my installation which made me and Dawn really proud of what we’d achieved. The overall experience of the day was truly successful and everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves. 

It was sad to say goodbye to all the clients as I’ve really enjoyed working with them and watching them learn new artistic techniques. We’ve all said we’d love to go back so I’m sure we’ll see them again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment