About our project...

For the last few weeks of Term 4 and the first 5 weeks in Term 5, we will be working on a collaborative project with a group of adults and the staff at Beulah Resource Base. Each Wednesday for the first 4 weeks of June we will be producing work in workshops at BRB and The BRIT School , then we will spend the remainder of the week in school working on the material created and gathered to produce work for the final event. There will be a Celebration day in week 5 (Wednesday 6thJuly) at BRB where we will share our outcomes.

A SENSE OF ME: Aim of project: To create sensory installations at BRB exploring memories and/or ambitions of the adults. Between workshops students will be developing the animations and other material towards the sensory installations.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Comments from our friends at Beulah Resourse Base

Nicky

I really enjoyed working with Calum he was my friend. I taught Zoe and Calum to make signs for football & it was a lot of fun!

Vijay

I impressed my day staff with my sewing skills. I was happy to join in on the day of the exhibition to help all the students to set everything up. It was “alright”.

Denise

I made all food for the BBQ out of plastercene. I liked working with the students and going to the BRIT school. I had a nice day at the art exhibition and my carer the “old one”, came to see it and I was proud!

Nishi

I had an amazing time working one to one with the student. I love to express myself through art and my day centre staff learnt more about me seeing how clever I was at doing the art on my own. I love working with plastercene and took some home.

Shirley

I miss working with the Brit School Students & playing all the games as well as doing the art. I got on so well. I really enjoyed the art exhibition looking at my work through the binoculars.

Dawn

I like working with Jen on my own. I liked working my aeroplane model. I really enjoyed the party and exhibition we had here and my worker from my home came to see my work. Dawn could not stop smiling and laughing when giving her feedback.

Sally

It was good doing the art. I liked working with Holly making plaster casts for my pigs and painting them. I took one of the pigs home with me for my mum and dad to see. I liked working with the Brit School and seeing all the students who are now my friends. I liked playing the games at the end of each week specially hide and seek. I was sorry not to be at exhibition but I was sick.

Marie

I enjoyed making the different parts for my art. I worked with Sam and I liked him. I enjoyed it because now they are my friends. I liked doing my art about cakes as that is my favourite food!

Lisa

The feedback from all the clients is that they really enjoyed the art being displayed here and they all had a great day. As for me, I thought that your students showed great maturity and great diversity skills to communicate with the clients to bring out the best in them and make the art work fun. I would love to work with other students from the Brit School in the future. I would like to wish the students a great future in what ever career they wish to pursue and I also want to wish you all the best in your future job role.

No comments:

Post a Comment