About our project...

For the last few weeks of Term 4 and the first 5 weeks in Term 5, we will be working on a collaborative project with a group of adults and the staff at Beulah Resource Base. Each Wednesday for the first 4 weeks of June we will be producing work in workshops at BRB and The BRIT School , then we will spend the remainder of the week in school working on the material created and gathered to produce work for the final event. There will be a Celebration day in week 5 (Wednesday 6thJuly) at BRB where we will share our outcomes.

A SENSE OF ME: Aim of project: To create sensory installations at BRB exploring memories and/or ambitions of the adults. Between workshops students will be developing the animations and other material towards the sensory installations.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Celebration Day

The day started well, me and my peers where organized and packed everything we needed to head off to BRB. When we got there we started unpacking our things and began to set up out sensory installations. I brought a cloth for the table , the fake food and the real food as well as plates and tissues. The bbq was already in the space so I only needed to set up the table where I would have the food.
I got a table from in the space to bring outside and started to decorate my space in how I imagined. After I finished I showed Denise and she couldn’t stop smiling and kept telling everyone that she made them. Her being happy with the outcome put me in a good position to be positive about my installation as I wasn’t sure about it at the beginning and also hearing feedback from my peers of how it looked good also gave me a boost.
I was initially going to make real food on the bbq as well, but when I asked one of the volunteers she said it wasn’t working, so I used the fake food instead and improvised which worked well. I put spatulas around the bbq and put the fake food on plates and tissue to make it look realistic.
When I played my animation on the monitor my whole installation came together and I was proud of my final outcome.
Denise was also excited and glad to see her name in the animation.
I am very happy to have worked with her. She taught me a lot of things such as patience and the whole theme of collaboration. We worked as a team, and together both of our work and ideas pulled off to be a great sensory installation and the feedback I got from friends made me even happier .

No comments:

Post a Comment