About our project...

For the last few weeks of Term 4 and the first 5 weeks in Term 5, we will be working on a collaborative project with a group of adults and the staff at Beulah Resource Base. Each Wednesday for the first 4 weeks of June we will be producing work in workshops at BRB and The BRIT School , then we will spend the remainder of the week in school working on the material created and gathered to produce work for the final event. There will be a Celebration day in week 5 (Wednesday 6thJuly) at BRB where we will share our outcomes.

A SENSE OF ME: Aim of project: To create sensory installations at BRB exploring memories and/or ambitions of the adults. Between workshops students will be developing the animations and other material towards the sensory installations.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Celebration day

Today started well, in my eyes. We were all on time and got to BRB with enough time to set up. When I started setting up I saw the piece almost come live and fit together like it was made for the space I had chosen. As Shirley walked around and popped her head through the door way, she couldn’t help but love what it looked like. As I was short for time I just got on with setting it up. This if I could do it all again I would have included her more so she could feel, even more a part of the final piece. When it was all set up and running, Shirley couldn’t wait to take people in and show them around “her work” it made me smile that she took so much pride in what we had made together. I changed a few things while setting up, like the placement of the cannon and where the chair for everyone to sit on was.

When people were walking round, I felt like they seemed to understand and enjoy the animation and installation. But I felt like it could have been done to a higher standard, but for the time we had and what we had to do in that time, I feel that me and Shirley did a great job. If I would do this whole project again, I would try and make her tell me another story, because for me ‘Peter pan on ice’ was to simple and I couldn’t work with it as much as I would have liked to.

All in all I have enjoyed working with the adults from BRB a lot and learnt more than I thought I ever would, Shirley will always be a big part of this year and my art experience. I will miss her a great deal, and will look forward to any other community art projects I do.

This has been one of the best projects iv done this year thanks to a great group, teacher and the adults of BRB.

No comments:

Post a Comment