About our project...

For the last few weeks of Term 4 and the first 5 weeks in Term 5, we will be working on a collaborative project with a group of adults and the staff at Beulah Resource Base. Each Wednesday for the first 4 weeks of June we will be producing work in workshops at BRB and The BRIT School , then we will spend the remainder of the week in school working on the material created and gathered to produce work for the final event. There will be a Celebration day in week 5 (Wednesday 6thJuly) at BRB where we will share our outcomes.

A SENSE OF ME: Aim of project: To create sensory installations at BRB exploring memories and/or ambitions of the adults. Between workshops students will be developing the animations and other material towards the sensory installations.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Third workshop

In this workshop, we started to make objects and props for our final installations, when I was planning the lesson for Shirley I decided to do something very hands on, but also simple and fun. My plan was to make all of the cannon balls for the installation, including the ones on the floor and the one that I want to hang up.

Before the lesson I did trials in order to show Shirley what to do, and to save time. I trialled out two different ways of making these and went with the one I thought was the easiest.

Once we had set up and everything was ready, I and Shirley both started making the cannon balls, by blowing up balloons and covering them with mod rock. Shirley took to it very easily and enjoyed the messy task. We then went on the paint them a dark blue, this activity was simple but time consuming, she seemed to finish the 3 I had planned to make with her, quicker than I had expected so we went on to make another one. She was very excited and seemed to love what we were doing; she helped a lot, with the cutting of the mod rock and did the rest herself, with a little aid from me.

She also could not wait from next week’s lesson where the adults are coming back to BRIT for the last time.

This workshop was very enjoyable and I found out that Shirley is a lot more able than I first thought; this workshop was one of the best because I feel Shirley and the rest of the adults are now comfortable with all of us. It is making me not want this project to finish, or to be able to see them again after this project ends.

Most of all I’m looking forward to the final pieces as we have chosen the space we will be putting them and the finishing date comes closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment